”Innovation, Development and Communication for a better education in Prison System”-IDECOM
The project is a strategic partnership aimed for adult education.
The sponsor is the European Commission, Erasmus + program.
The strategic partnership established, comprising eight partners from five countries:
- Prison Timisoara (Romania)
- Promoting Lifelong Learning Center Timisoara (Romania)
- West University Timisoara- Romanian Centre for Prison Studies (Romania)
- Department of Penitentiary Institutions (Republic of Moldova)
- Innovative Prison Systems (Just Qualify – IT Solutions and Consultancy Lda) (Portugal)
- Tevkifevleri Genel Müdürlüğü Ve Ceza (General Directorate of Prisons and Detention Houses) (Turkey)
- Organization of Prison and Correctional European Services (Netherlands)
- the Universidade da Beira Interior (BSAFE LAB) (Portugal)
The IDECOM project goal is to develop and implement new methods of education of prison staff, training in transversal skills.
The developed training project will involve the employees in prisons. The training activities will target actions for transversal skills development as well as innovation, entrepreneurship, communication, teamwork and skills in using information technology. They will be linked to the everyday work of prison workers and will result in innovative and pilot activities conducted with inmates.
Implementation period: 1.09.2014-31.08.2017
The direct beneficiaries of the project will be 144 employees in prisons of Romania, Moldova, Turkey and Portugal, who will participate in training activities of the project and 160 prisoners who will participate in pilot activities. The indirect beneficiaries of the project are participants in multiplier events or will benefit from the project within the various partners dissemination activities.
The Intellectual products of the project: “Analysis of the training needs of staff”, the course “Developing innovative spirit for prison staff”, course “Entrepreneurship for prison staff” course “Communication, ICT and teamwork skills in prison,” Conjoint LMS Learning Management System Manual “Developing innovative spirit in prisons”, the Manual “Entrepreneurship for prison staff”, Manual “Communication, ICT and teamwork skills in prison” and “Catalog of innovative education and training actions “.